I love this picture of my sister and Pierce making a pizza in their backyard they happen to be one of the lucky ones to have a Mugnaini Tuscan oven!
Last October, while we were in Parma we eat some amazing pizza! When you’re traveling with a two year old, sometimes it’s easier to get something fast and tasty!
I make pizza once a week, it’s so easy! If you don’t use all of it you can freeze (double wrap with saran wrap) the dough for another time. Just pull the dough out in the morning and let it thaw for the day and it will be ready to use for dinner!
Pizza Dough Recipe
Yield: 5-7 Pizza’s Time: About 2 Hours
1 packet of Fleishman’s Yeast (they come in a three pack)
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 ½ cups of luke warm water
4 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
1 ¼ teaspoons of salt
4 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Put one packet of Fleishman’s Yeast in bowl then add sugar and luke warm water and gently mix. Set aside.
- Wait until the bubbles appear and add the flour, salt and olive oil. Mix until dough comes together. Should be slightly sticky.
- Form into a ball (you don’t want to over work at this point it should have some air in it)
- Put dough in oiled bowl with a moist towel on top and let rise in a draft free spot for about an hour or until dough has risen.
- After an hour lightly punch dough down and place on floured surface. Form into individual pizza balls. Put balls into a dish and cover with a towel to rise again but, this time putting in the refrigerator until ready to use.