On Friday’s we usually have a playdate with Pierce’s buddies, Aiden and Matteo! Last Friday we made pizza’s with Aiden and his Mama, Deann…Matteo and his Mama had another engagement. Pierce and Aiden made cheese pizza’s and I made one with the balsamic marinated tomatoes […]
Hooray! Baby Stella is finally here! We are all so excited about our new addition to our family. Stella is the first great-grandchild to be born to my nephew, Eric and his wife Kristina. So…yes, that’s right…my sister’s and I are now great-aunties!! Pierce is […]
Garlic-Marinated Shrimp, Sweet Onion, and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pizza
1 pound of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Pizza Dough, see below
2/3 cup of roasted red pepper pesto, see below
½ medium Walla-Walla onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cups coarsely grated whole-milk Mozzarella cheese
10 fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces
Pizza Dough Recipe
Yield: 5-7 Pizza’s Time: About 2 Hours
1 packet of Fleishman’s Yeast (they come in a three pack)
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 ½ cups of luke warm water
4 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
1 ¼ teaspoons of salt
4 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Put one packet of Fleishman’s Yeast in bowl then add sugar and luke warm water and gently mix. Set aside.
- Wait until the bubbles appear and add the flour, salt and olive oil. Mix until dough comes together. Should be slightly sticky.
- Form into a ball (you don’t want to over work at this point it should have some air in it)
- Put dough in oiled bowl with a moist towel on top and let rise in a draft free spot for about an hour or until dough has risen.
- After an hour lightly punch dough down and place on floured surface. Form into individual pizza balls. Put balls into a dish and cover with a towel to rise again but, this time putting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
1 large garlic clove
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 jar (16 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and blotted dry with paper towels
3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
4 large fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
¾ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process the garlic and salt until minced. Add the roasted red peppers, Parmesan, basil, olive oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes and process until smooth.
Peter Wine Pick: Pinot Grigio, Ecco Domani