I was inspired to make this carrot salad with a recipe I saw in my bon appétite magazine. I switched up the dressing and used my own concoction! It was so light and refreshing, a perfect salad for Spring! I served mine with chopstix because […]
Tag: rainbow carrots
These carrots are so naturally sweet they really don’t need anything! Sautéed Rainbow Carrots Ingredients 1 bunch of Rainbow Carrots 1 pat of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil A pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper Directions 1. Boil salted water. Add carrots […]
Stuffed Pork Chops with Gorgonzola Polenta and Rainbow Carrots
Stuffed Pork Chops
Have your butcher cut you a cavity in your thick pork chop!
4 thick cut pork chops, bone in
Kosher salt and cracked pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons of fresh oregano
¼ of a yellow onion, diced
4 artichoke hearts finely diced
4 slices of Serrano Ham diced
¼ cup of parmesan cheese
1 cup of fine bread crumbs
1 beaten egg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Make stuffing by combining all ingredients. Set aside.
3. Salt and pepper pork chops. Stuff cavity and secure with toothpicks.
4. Heat large sauté pan and add about a tablespoon of butter and the same amount of olive oil. When hot, but not smoking, put pork chops in and brown on both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes until brown.
5. Place in preheated oven for about a half a hour or until the pork chop temperature reaches 145 degrees. Take out and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
Polenta with Gorgonzola Cheese
1 tablespoon of butter
4 cups of milk
1 cup of polenta
1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese
- In a large pot melt butter then add the milk and polenta. The polenta will spit while cooking so make sure your pot is big! Add the gorgonzola cheese and keep stirring. Do not leave the polenta at this point…just keep stirring until it looks thick and creamy.
These carrots are naturally sweet!
1 bunch of rainbow carrots
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and Pepper
- Boil pot of water for carrots until knife tender.
- When tender transfer to sauté pan. Add the butter and olive oil and sauté until lightly brown and tender.
Assemble plate and enjoy!!
Peter’s wine pick: 2006 Demuth Pinot Noir
Note: Shopper’s Corner is selling this wine for $10 a bottle vs. $40 at the winery! “Good shopping Peter”!