Thanks Karla and Greg for using us to cater your Christmas Party last week, it was a very nice party. A giant THANK YOU to my sister, Sharon, who was my Sous Chef that day! We made a variety of appetizers, mostly vegetarian, but the […]
I love this recipe of Bobby Flay’s because you can cook these ribs in the oven! So, if you want ribs in the middle of winter you don’t have to fire up your grill. The only thing I change in this recipe is the rub, […]
Burger with Serrano Ham, Gorgonzola Cheese and Caramelized Onions
Yield: 4 servings Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
2 pounds (8 ounce patties) of ground beef
Serrano ham (thinly sliced)
8 tablespoons of Gorgonzola cheese (about 2 tablespoons per burger)
3 yellow onions
Salt and pepper
Arugula salad w/balsamic dressing
Tomato (smoked…see below)
Kosher rolls (any type of hamburger roll or ciabatta bread is nice too)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together then stream in olive oil to emulsify.
- Thinly slice onions. Heat sauté pan to med-hi heat then add olive oil and onions a pinch of salt and sugar. Turn heat down to med-low and cook the onions stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Light grill.
- Form hamburger patties
- Place Serrano ham, gorgonzola cheese, some caramelized onions on a plate for assemble on the grill. Bring tomato out too!
- Place burgers and the whole tomato on the grill. For med-rare cook 5 minutes per side, 15 for well-done. Cover with lid.
- After you have you turned your burger over once, place the Serrano ham, gorgonzola cheese and the caramelized onions on top of burger. Cover with lid again until doneness to taste.
- Take tomato off and slice for burger.
- Toss arugula with dressing.
- Assemble burger.
I like to serve this burger with homemade French fries of course! YUM!!!
Peter’s wine pick: Nicholson Vineyard, 2008 Old Vine Zinfandel, TC Vineyards